Grounded in our values of intersectionality, inclusivity, and anti-oppression, we are committed to being inclusive and accessible in our work.
Accessibility information for the 2020 Women's March coming soon!
LAUNCH EVENT INFORMATION - January 18th, 2020
- Accessible and gender-neutral toilets will be available at City Hall.
- Additional seating for those who require it will be available in front of the stage for the duration of the event.
- City Hall and Jean Pigott place are wheelchair-accessible.
- Microphones will be provided to all speakers.
- While speakers will be asked to speak in whichever official language they choose, the majority of the proceedings will likely be in English. WMO organizers and volunteers who are bilingual will be asked to indicate this on their name tags if they are comfortable doing so.
- All genders are welcome to attend the launch. Please be respectful of others and the space.
- All attendees are asked to go scent-free to accommodate those with sensitivities. Baby wipes will be provided at the entrance for this purpose.
- An accessibility point-person will be clearly designated for the day of the launch event to address any ongoing questions or concerns.
- The launch event is completely indoors and is intended to be a family-friendly environment, though please note the potentially-sensitive nature of some of the content.
- The venue can be accessed by OC Transpo - please refer to their website for more information about transit accessibility: https://www.octranspo.com/en/our-services/accessibility/.
- The Richmond room at City Hall has been designated as a quiet space/reflection area for attendees to use at any point.
- Service animals are welcome at City Hall.
- Technology for audio assistance via hearing loops for up to 10-12 users will be provided.
- As a small but growing volunteer-run group, we're regretfully unable to provide ASL interpretation at our launch, though are committed to doing so for our March 7th event.
Are we missing something? Please email email@example.com if you have a specific request not addressed on this page, and we will do our best to ensure it is fulfilled.